[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - A little bug - in a fine calender
Advertisement

A little bug - in a fine calender

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

A little bug - in a fine calender

Postby kimss » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:21 am

When looking at theese dhtml calenderes I really begin wondering why I still use a PHP popup calender with modal windows? It's really time for switching it seems, this is a much more elegant method.

However I spotted a little bugfix for you (as if you wanted to hear that, :)

When popping the calender you have a nice feature with the dropdowns for months and year, however dropping down months and not picking one and the dropdown sticks. If you drop the year fields aswell you have two dropdowns shining in the calender, and to remove them by selecting something in them or clicking in the top of the calender. This should probably have a little timer to shut down, and shut down if other one selected. (Meaning, if month is open and you select year month is closed)

Looks like a great calender script, good work.

Regards,
Kim Steinhaug
- -
kimss

Thank you Kim

Postby Batalf » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:00 am

Yes, you are absolutely right.

It shouldn't be possible to have more than drop down open at the same time.

I will look into that as soon as possible.

Kind regards
www.dhtmlgoodies.com
Alf Magne Kalleland
Batalf
Site Admin

Postby kimss » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:03 am

I was looking some more at the calender today, and I found another bug aswell, if you pop the calender and browse through the months the design will jump on some months.

Also, but this has todo with the previous bug, if you drop the months and close the calender and reopen it - they are still dropped.

Other that this, very nice calender.

Btw,
Kim Steinhaug
Last edited by kimss on Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kimss

Solution

Postby Batalf » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:16 am

I have updated the calendar script with this:

* Auto hide month drop down when year drop down is selected
* Auto hide year drop down when month drop down is selected
* Auto hide year- and month drop down when calendar is closed.

Regarding the "jumping":
- I haven't been able to reproduce this bug. Could it be that you browse to a month with more weeks than the last one? That will make the calendar some pixel higher.
Batalf
Site Admin

Postby kimss » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:29 am

Nice, I will look at the update this moment. regarding the other bug, if you take it from your own demo page :

If you pop the second example, date input 2, and hit the < in the upper left corner and look at "May" and "August", the height of the calender will be +1 line. (Where one line isnt 1 px, but around 18px or so, same as one of the cols in the cal grid).

First I thought it could be my DocType which did it, but it also happends on your example.

Thanks for quick respond Alf magne.

Regards,
Kim Steinhaug
kimss

Re: Solution

Postby kimss » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:39 am

kimss

Both the online and zip file is updated

Postby Batalf » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:47 am

That's great

btw: I have updated the .js file in the online example and zip file.

I will look into the height problem later tonight.
Batalf
Site Admin

The other bug

Postby Batalf » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:07 pm

I think I have reproduced the other bug you found now.

The problem is related to positioning of the bottom bar. It doesn't move down as it should when the calendar displays more weeks.

I have solved it by repositioning this bar whenever you change month or year.
Batalf
Site Admin

Bug in Calendar

Postby asundli » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:47 pm

asundli

New bug again

Postby asundli » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:58 pm

Hi.

Sorry for being buggy:-)

Found another bug. If the calendar is placed over a select list, the calendar becomes transparent. I think you could fix this with an iframe in the back.

look at my screenshot.

If I could be of any help, let me know.
asundli

Todays date

Postby Batalf » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:06 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Iframe

Postby asundli » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:11 pm

asundli

My solution

Postby asundli » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:19 pm