[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - [ajax dynamic list] - FF form field history overrides list
Advertisement

[ajax dynamic list] - FF form field history overrides list

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

[ajax dynamic list] - FF form field history overrides list

Postby guvenck » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:09 pm

Hello,

Found this great site via Google and downloaded ajax dynamic list script (was exactly what I was looking for) and installed it successfully. It runs without problems, except one thing:

As you know Firefox keeps a history of form fields and depending on the field variable name, it suggests your previous entries. This "suggestion layer" overrides the list layer generated by the script.

Second, what will happen if the list contains too many entries?
guvenck

Postby Batalf » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:37 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby BenjaminJ » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:29 am

I can acknowledge that the autocomplete="off" attribute does prevent the form history entries from showing in FF3, IE7, Safari 3.2, Google Chrome 2/Chromium 3.

It would be nice if this could be added to the article about the dynamic list.

One other issue I had was that even though my DB table uses utf8 and the page encoding is automatically set to utf8 in the browser, accents on characters were not being displayed. I found a solution here http://www.phpbuilder.com/board/showthr ... t=10347469 but I had to apply sort of the reverse, that is, to force iso8859 encoding at the top of the PHP file with: header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1');

Anyway, thanks for making this AJAX script available, it works well and is easy to implement! (I only wish the dynamic list javascript was fully commented. :) )
BenjaminJ

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts