[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Selected AJAX chained select
Advertisement

Selected AJAX chained select

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Selected AJAX chained select

Postby tha_ripmasta » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:42 pm

tha_ripmasta

Postby tha_ripmasta » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:46 pm

tha_ripmasta

Postby tha_ripmasta » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:29 pm

Ok, Here is how it is.

I have a php file call add_make.php... which adds makes to the db, and add_model.php which adds models to the db.

Now i have a file add_car.php, where I add a new car to the db. and in this form I choose the Make and then the Model field gets filled with models from that make using AJAX and then I submit this data to the database.

Now here is where the codes i submitted first comes in.
Now I have a file call edit_all_cars.php, where I choose a car to edit, Then in edit_car.php, I would like to edit the car information, the car id variable from edit_all_cars.php goes over to edit_car.php.

And from there I pull the Make and Model from the DB.

DB Tables:

TABLE cars (
car_id int(9) NOT NULL auto_increment,
name varchar(60) NOT NULL default '',
make int(9) NOT NULL default '0',
model int(9) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (car_id)
)

TABLE makes (
make_id int(9) NOT NULL auto_increment,
make varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY (make_id)
)

TABLE models (
model_id int(9) NOT NULL auto_increment,
make_id int(9) NOT NULL default '0',
model varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY (model_id)
)

Sorry for al that info, i'm still learning programming

[/code]
Last edited by tha_ripmasta on Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tha_ripmasta

Postby tha_ripmasta » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:36 pm

Please check my re-edit post above.. i made a mistake.

What I really want is that when I go to edit the car information.
That the page loads with the make and model selected, which was taking from the database where the table model has the same $make_id.
tha_ripmasta

Postby tha_ripmasta » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:46 pm

Ok, thanks, will be waiting on your reply.

I would just like to say that on the edit_car.php page. I am able to get the make and model show in the drop menu.... i only need now for the correct model to be selected.
tha_ripmasta

Postby tha_ripmasta » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:18 pm

Chris,

Thanks alot chris, I'm going to test it out now.
I will let you know
tha_ripmasta

Postby tha_ripmasta » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:20 am

Well Chris you are the man.....

Everything works perfectly....... I got it working in one shot....

I thank you alot, for you time and support.
tha_ripmasta

Postby slothy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:54 pm

slothy

Postby tha_ripmasta » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:05 pm

tha_ripmasta

Postby tha_ripmasta » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:21 pm

tha_ripmasta

Postby tha_ripmasta » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:30 pm

tha_ripmasta

Postby tha_ripmasta » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:52 pm

tha_ripmasta

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts