[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - problems using AJAX chained select
Advertisement

problems using AJAX chained select

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

problems using AJAX chained select

Postby snewpers » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:23 am

snewpers

Postby snewpers » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:56 pm

woops
soory about that post! Your script rocks and I shouldn't try to code anything at 3am!
I made a dumb typo in my other php which caused the problem!

Again, sorry!

:oops:
snewpers

Postby snewpers » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:25 pm

I have the chained selectbox script running on my main page, and it'll stay there. The parent selectbox (countries) remembers it's previously selected value (say Andorra) untill I submit a new search... However, I can't get it to work to also remember the previously selected value in the (linked) city-selectbox. I'd like to keep that selected so users know what they were looking for and also refine the search by selectig checkboxes (which it also 'remembers')...

Can anyone help me with that (and I mean on the city selectbox)??

Thanks!

code and/or URL can be supplied if you need it.
snewpers

Postby snewpers » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi Chris

Yes thats correct. After the initial search, all selected options (country, and various checkboxes) stay selected when the results show up. The 'city' selectbox turns back to unselectable again, rendering any new search with the previous settings without the selected city, so the results will not be correct. Also, I cannot select the city-selectbox anymore after the search, even if the country is selected.
I'll PM you the URL ok, as it is still very much under construction.

Thanks!

JP
snewpers

Postby snewpers » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Thank you Chris!

Files are send to you. As I mentioned in the PM, search.php isnt using the ajax (yet?), the header which holds the searchmenu does, so I've altered the code there. The citie list is a flat file, btw.

Thanks

JP
snewpers

Postby snewpers » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:49 pm

snewpers

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts