ajax-dynamic-content.js NOT working in IE

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

ajax-dynamic-content.js NOT working in IE

Postby » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:00 am

I have a web page where I am using the ajax-dynamic-content.js script by by Alf Magne Kalleland and everything works ok in FF but it does not in IE. I have been reading a lot about caching and other problems in IE but after trying a lot of other scripts I am convinced that ajax-dynamic-content.js is the best one.

I am usign .asp pages and a dynamic pulldown, when you make a selection in the firs pulldown, the second should change, in FF it works but again in IE it does not.

I am also convinced that if it works in FF it also should work in IE. You can take a look to my web page and try it in FF and then in IE and you will see the difference.

the web page: ... ID=2&pID=2

I also have a poll with ajax and it does not work in IE either.

I have been trying to solve this IE problem for more than a week, I am no expert in ajax or javascript, does any one have a suggestion?

Postby Batalf » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:52 am

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Have you tried some of the ideas mentioned in this sticky:

Maybe changing method from "POST" to "GET" would solve the problem!?

If that doesn't help, then the problem seems to be related to this file: ... ID=2&pID=2

I can see that it both got <html> and <body> tag ++.
This file is included dynamically into another file. So you don't need the
- html, body or head tags.

There is also a javascript error before the one you get. It says switchicon is undefined(You'll see it if you click on the "Previous" button in the popup showing js errors).
Site Admin

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts