Advertisement

Dynamic Content problem

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Dynamic Content problem

Postby charlieboy » Thu May 29, 2008 2:47 am

Hi there, I realise there are numerous versions of this across the forum and have tried some of the solutions, but to no avail - I have only just started using Ajax today so working blind a bit.

I have applied the Ajax Dynamic Content on a page I'm building - http://clients.creativeph.co.uk/laprosu ... annula.htm

Currently the central part of the page is being loaded from an external htm file and working fine, but I'm having problems replacing this with a different external htm file. I first set a link in the Ajax Drop Down Menu in the right hand column - click on the first link under the 'Products in this group...' and it is applied to the 'EC5 SS' link - but doesn't do anything. I then applied it to text in the same DIV (as in the ADC demo), it is the blue EC5 SS in the second paragraph, but it simply display's the loading message.

I've changed the POST to GET in the js file as mentioned in other threads. I've tried changing the htm to php, but it doesn't make any difference. To make sure I uploaded the ADC demo onto my server and it worked perfectly.

I would be extremely grateful if someone would be able to point me in the right direction - it is bound to be something very obvious that I haven't noticed.

One other question I have is if there is a way to change the external file of a second DIV on the same page at the same time - click one link and change the content of two separate DIVS?

Many thanks in advance, Paul.
charlieboy

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts