[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - POST or GET... AJAX FORM Best Practices?
Advertisement

POST or GET... AJAX FORM Best Practices?

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

POST or GET... AJAX FORM Best Practices?

Postby bgordon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Hello world! I am new to Ajax.

I want to make use of many of these dynamic scripts for such things as auto-complete etc but am having a problem getting my head around how to make this work in a typical search form...

I normally make my forms using $_POST to keep my variables and values out of the URL (no real good reason... just always have).

My problem is that I would have a form and inside that form tag, I would need to essentially nest another form element to make the requests of the script (and the db) to fetch the new array or xml (json) to populate the dynamic list or whatever. How can I do this? Nesting inside the form is not really supported right?

Essentially, I need someone to point me to an example of how to do this and if a get or post is the best way?

I essentially have form which folks fill out now and post, my php script parses the variables, does the query and returns the results. I want to include the dynamic autocomplete added to a few form fields but they seem to need their own form tags to work...

Can anyone share the best practice way to do this? I know that once I am pointed in the right direction, I can have some success with this cool stuff!

Thanks gurus.
bgordon

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts