[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Adding functionality to ajax dynamic list
Advertisement

Adding functionality to ajax dynamic list

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Adding functionality to ajax dynamic list

Postby amigoster » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:52 pm

What i want to do is as soon as a user clicks in the textbox to type in information, i want a div to show right under it giving the user a tip of what to type in the box.

For example:
"Begin to type the first few letters of the persons name"

Then once the person starts to type, the tip gets removed and then the dynamic list gets shown.

Any help on this matter would be greatly aprechiated.

Heres the link of the development of my ajax-dynamic-list used from this website
amigoster

Postby amigoster » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:13 pm

Ok, i got it to work but I dont think its proper coding edicate.

What i did was I added the label to the php script so if the strlen of the $letters var is 0, it will output the info text and not run the query.

Also, to run on onfocus, I added a duplicate statement to the input tag but i just changed the onkeyup to onfocus.

I know there a better, more efficient way to do this, but its a bit out of my league. Can anyone post the code changes to the original script to obtain this same effect more efficiently?

amigoster

help

Postby Acardipane » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:15 pm

Acardipane

Postby amigoster » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:56 pm

amigoster

Postby 3dom » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:26 pm

3dom

Postby saintSR » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:19 am

saintSR

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts