[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - lastRSS issues
Advertisement

lastRSS issues

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

lastRSS issues

Postby airjrdn (Restore) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:06 pm

I seem to be having a couple of issues w/the lastRSS.php file used in the Dragable RSS Boxes script. I realize you didn't write it, but I was wondering if you'd seen similar issues or might have suggestions on how to fix it.

The two issues I'm seeing are...

1 - It doesn't work with all types of feeds. Here's one example:

http://forums.anandtech.com/rss.aspx?forumid=1&catid=40

2 - The order of items should be descending (newest to oldest) and often times isn't. I've seen this with Digg, my own site RSS feed, and a few others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
airjrdn (Restore)

Postby Batalf » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:05 pm

Yes, lastRSS reads the items from top to the bottom, i.e assuming that items are sorted from oldest to newest in the XML file.

However, this issue should have been taken care of by the readRSS.PHP file which reads this xml file, transforms it into an array and sorts it based on the date specified in the RSS feed.

I've just tested it now, and it seem to work properly. Have experienced that it doesn't ?
Batalf
Site Admin

Postby airjrdn (Restore) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:16 pm

I've been testing it out here - http://www.myownsite.us and it doesn't always show things in the correct order. That's almost a copy of my netvibes homepage and the topics from netvibes do appear in the correct order.

The RSS feed from my freeware site (www.missingbytes.net) is one that shows up in the wrong order, you can view the feed directly here - http://www.missingbytes.net/rss/rss.php
airjrdn (Restore)

Postby Batalf » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:23 pm

Hi again,

yes, I can see the problem. Most RSS feeds uses the date format:

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:00 GMT

which I'm also working with in readRSS.php. The feeds you're having problem with doesn't use this format, so the date sort method doesn't work properly.

I have to add support for other dateformats in readRSS.php.
Batalf
Site Admin

Postby airjrdn (Restore) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:40 pm

airjrdn (Restore)

Postby Ryan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:23 pm

MagpieRSS is the best! I love it, so I'd love to see it being used instead...this also means the content could be created by the php rather than the JS ;)
Ryan

Postby Batalf » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:01 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby Ryan » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:13 pm

Ryan

Postby Batalf » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:14 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby Batalf » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:14 pm

Batalf
Site Admin