[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Save Draggable Content Coordinates to Database
Advertisement

Save Draggable Content Coordinates to Database

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Save Draggable Content Coordinates to Database

Postby DssTrainer » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:33 pm

Ok I'm trying to merge the into my online shopping store for easy Template creation. The basis being that I will save the Top, left, Z-order, and ID of each div on the page to a database.

Here is what I got so far:
http://www.unbannable.com/zenajax/index ... ducts_id=1

Unlike the sortable, auto-snap drag-n-drop scripts on the site here, the free-form drag-n-drop was also never equipped with the javascript ability to save the locations using the saveData() function. I understand for a free moving draggable page I wouldn't need an order. but I do need to be able to count all divs on the page and save their div id's as their ID in the database as well as the coords, and then load them on the page.

it looks like a lot of the settings I need are the same settings that the cookie uses to save the positions. I just need to understand more what params it uses to save them to the cookie and transfer the session variables to the database.

I've also converted the script a bit to use the dragableBox attrib instead of being based on the div class.

On the link above, if you double click on any of the draggable DIVs, you will get a javascript popup displaying the box's Top/Left and a failed attempt at getting the Z-order.

I need to save these session variables to the database and I think I have some idea how to do it by including a db.php file complete with the information needed to log into the database. I don't quite know how to count all the divs on the page, and how to use Form Get/Post with forms to save.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
DssTrainer

no answer but an additional request

Postby schnudl » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:11 pm

schnudl

Return to Drag and drop scripts