[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - SlideDown2 menu - following link
Advertisement

SlideDown2 menu - following link

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

SlideDown2 menu - following link

Postby hazcrew2 (Restore) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:11 am

SlideDown menu is awesome but I do have slight problem.

When I run it locally (desktop windows PC running Xampp server) it works perfectly.
However on my live website (Linux server) when I click on a sub meu item and go to another page the menu folds closed and does not remain open at the sub menu.
For an example go to and click 'hazardous area' - 'basics'

When I first added the script it worked perfectly, even live and although I thought I did not change anything fundamental or relevant it suddenly started this behaviour.

The menu is added in a DIV with a PHP include so it is the same script across all pages.
I also created a test page using your full code unaltered code and it did the same.

As it works locally I put it down to the interpretation and comparison of the web address and the link address rather than a script error
Can anybody point me to where or how this comparison is done so I can look at the specific variables.
I tried to work it out for myself but its difficult to follow the script.
I am a JavaScript newbie but have some programming experience.

Thanks in advance
hazcrew2 (Restore)

Re: SlideDown2 menu - following link

Postby hazcrew2 (Restore) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:57 am

Fixed the problem and , cannot believe this has not occurred with other users.
So for anybody else who has found a similar issue ( and probably given up on the script, here is my solution.

The second top level link in the menu list was to home page (using either "\" or "http://www.-----" I tried both)
Consequently when going to a new page no matter what the name of that page it found a match and stopped i.e. closed menu.
As a work round I moved the home link to the end of the list everything worked.

For some reason I cannot fathom this did not occur on the local testing server on my PC.
hazcrew2 (Restore)

Return to Menu script questions