[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Tabbed menu with double images
Advertisement

Tabbed menu with double images

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Tabbed menu with double images

Postby whistlepig » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:16 pm

whistlepig

Postby whistlepig » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:27 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Chris.

I now know what would simplify matters. I don't want the tabs to do anything on mouseover! :mrgreen:

All I want is to click to make a tab active. That should be simple, right?
whistlepig

Postby whistlepig » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:07 pm

whistlepig

Postby whistlepig » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:43 pm

whistlepig

Postby whistlepig » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:06 pm

whistlepig

Postby whistlepig » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:57 pm

whistlepig

Postby whistlepig » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:19 pm

OK, it's there if you'd like to look at it, but it always yields
regionID - 9(or whatever the appropriate number is...)
dhtmlgoodies_tab_menu_tabIndex - index: 0
whistlepig

Postby whistlepig » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:28 pm

whistlepig

Postby whistlepig » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:02 am

whistlepig

Postby whistlepig » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:55 am

Hello again. This time I have some really interesting results. I added the <?php foreach($_REQUEST as $key=>$val){echo "<br>".$key." - ".$val;} ?> code to each <li> as you suggested Chris, and see what happens at :shock:

The variables aren't interesting but the display sure is! I know it must reveal a clue to the display puzzle, but I don't know what it means.
whistlepig

Postby whistlepig » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:27 pm

Hello again Chris,

Actually, the php part of my site always worked perfectly, displaying the correct links. The menu worked, too, but it didn't look like it was working. All I really wanted was a menu with simple active and inactive tab images. If you can suggest a better way I'm all ears.

Thanks again for all your help. Unfortunately now I have to worry more about the password protection because I believe some no-talent mean person :twisted: deleted all my links this morning; :cry: it was an easy target.
whistlepig

Postby whistlepig » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:02 pm

Awesome!!! :lol: Especially since you, like, did it in 10 minutes!! :roll:

Now how can I get it to keep the on state on until another tab is clicked??
whistlepig

Now I have the double images....

Postby whistlepig » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:11 pm

whistlepig

Almost totally solved...

Postby whistlepig » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 pm

Hi Chris!

What timing! I was just about to say I solved the double tab float/positioning problem when your reply was posted. Your efforts were not wasted, however, because I see how your code is more elegant, along with the hack I don't have... Mine does rollover in IE because of the php if statement you suggested, ... but I have another IE problem: The submenu background image doesn't show up. But I'll work on it.

My problem was the height of the tabs. The fix was make the right corner images taller than the left corner images, I guess to compensate for the text.

Thanks very much for everything! :D
whistlepig

Return to Menu script questions