[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Resizing an already open pane for new content(XP blue panel)
Advertisement

Resizing an already open pane for new content(XP blue panel)

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Resizing an already open pane for new content(XP blue panel)

Postby dbonsall » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:16 pm

I am loading the information into the various panes on the XP blue panel via ajax. If that information changes, the open panel retains its previous size. Is there some method by which I could call a function to cause the open pane to resize to the new content size? Currently, it requires closing, then reopening the pane to fit to the new size. Is there a way to resize the pane directly to the new content size without a close and open?

Thanks in advance for the assistance,

Dennis
dbonsall

Re: Resizing an already open pane for new content(XP blue pa

Postby dbonsall » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:53 am

Ok. I found that if I simply call the function 'slidePane' after the fact, the pane does resize to the new content. My question now is:

On a slower computer that may take a second or longer to apply CSS to the new content, is it possible for this resize to occur before the CSS is fully applied? Should I fire off several 'slidePane' calls one second apart to be sure? Or is this a non-issue?

I ask this because, if I do not call the 'slidePane' function a second time, the pane originally sizes to the html only. It's as if the code determines the pane size before the CSS is applied, but by the time the pane has opened the CSS is applied (on my computer anyway).

Thanks for any input.

Dennis
dbonsall

Return to XP widget questions