Advertisement

All tabs on one line rather than starting a new line

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

All tabs on one line rather than starting a new line

Postby simnor » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:21 pm

Hi there, I have searched all over the internet and have worked on it trying different things for about 3 or 4 days now and really need this question answering else I will have to look for other scripts.

The problem is that when I create a new tab that goes further than the screen width it goes onto the next line, now I have gone through this with various CSS experts and it is not a CSS problem apparantely which means it has to be something to do with the javascript.

If you are still unsure what I want to do:

I want to create a tab strip similar to the tabs in Firefox for example, when it gets to the end of a line it just carries on that line and lets you scroll. The only way I can think of doing this is by changing a line in the javascript that tells it to first find a different div set the overflow to scroll then add the tabPane class into that and set that width to say 8000px which means that when the tabs are added, it carries on the line, but where in the script is it possible to add this, I have looked up and down the script getting on for hundreds of times trying different things trying but I cant do it, so any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
simnor

Return to XP widget questions