Advertisement

Pane splitter flickering

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Pane splitter flickering

Postby dmurat » Fri May 04, 2007 12:04 am

Hi

I'm using combination of pane splitter, info pane and menu with JEE server side application (Spring MVC, JSP, Sitemesh, Spring). Configuration and setup was pretty easy, and I even manage to implement some improvements like remembering size (after resize) and state (collapsed or expanded) in pane splitter with cookies. Only one, rather small but annoying problem is bothering me.

After initialization of pane splitter (west and center panes), I'm experiencing strong flickering in center pane. After some investigation I discovered that cause is in setTimeout() calls in init() function (line 11513 in dhtml-sute-for-applications.js). When those setTimeout() calls are commented out, flicker disappears, but display of resize handle between west and center pane become corrupted (left border isn't displayed).

Anyway, this is much less annoying then flickering and I will go with this, but I'm wondering if there is any workaround.

I don't use AJAX here, so full initialization of splitter is executed with each request.

Tnx,
Damir
dmurat

Return to General questions