[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - z-index and Tab view
Advertisement

z-index and Tab view

Moderator: Calcifer

z-index and Tab view

Postby promd » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:30 pm

I think this is the best place to put it....

I had the following issue with tabView:

I am using it together with an Auto-completion box from script.aculo.us.
In FF everything's fine, but IE (6) was displaying the active Tab in front of the suggestion box. After some reading, it turned out that the problem is related to assigning z-index CSS attributes to objects placed with different "position" rules. ().

I noticed that in tab-view.css there is a section called .DHTMLSuite_tabContainer .tabActive
which in fact defines a z-index of 10.
Inactive tabs do not have a z-index assigned. I removed the line, and everything works fine.

I can not find any drawback, so my question is if we could remove the line from the stylesheet completely. I don't think it would harm anybody, might solve the same issue elsewhere - and free me from remembering this when I update the DHTMLsuite next time :-)
promd

Return to Code for new features/extensions