[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Jumping THEAD in MSIE
Advertisement

Jumping THEAD in MSIE

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Jumping THEAD in MSIE

Postby sekmun » Fri May 12, 2006 1:12 am

hi, first off great scripts, etc etc. (hope you never get sick of hearing this).

Been hacking around putting together a combination of dhtmlgoodies scripts (top, slidedown, table, xp pane) in my templates, but getting this annoying problem with MSIE with this fixed header table.

I see in the js you've got code to stop the jumping problem when doing rollovers, but I'm getting the thead offset when the page first gets loaded.

This only happens when table is init'd with scrolling, of course. (ie, if the tr items fit in the table's allocated height, the THEAD TRs appears in the correct position, and of course only in MSIE)

I've tried putting the

tHead.style.top = divObj.scrollTop + 'px';

line into my window.onload, into the initTableWidget function, etc, but no dice.

when I mouseover the TRs, the THEAD then 'jumps' back to the correct position.

I'm guessing this is a wrap issue with the THEAD in msie (scrollbar is outside of the 100% width?)

Anyway, I don't expect you to fix this since the script is working by itself.

I was wondering if you could point me in a direction where I could post Init, do a .style.top = 0px? Can't seem the right place to force ie to move that layer.

thot you might know in an instance, if not don't worry about it :)

thx v much
sekmun

Postby sekmun » Fri May 12, 2006 3:04 am

update: problem solved!!!

sorry, in my butchering and experimenting, I had inserted a position:relative into the thead style.

removed this and it fixed the problem.
sekmun

Return to Table script questions