Advertisement

Client Lookup Problem

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Client Lookup Problem

Postby no_bogeys » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:33 am

Hi,

I searched a number of other posts for the answer but was unsuccessful.

I believe I have posted all of the files and directories correctly, but cannot get the page to populate any of the data. Please see http://the-pool-page.com/masterstest/aj ... ookup.html and http://the-pool-page.com/masterstest/aj ... lookup.php

I have a directory /AJAX with the ajax.js filed inlcuded. I also changed the POST to GET in the ajax.js file.

One thing that may be at issue is the reference to a database file. I am not clear at all on any of this. I saw the sql.txt file from the demo page, but its not clear to me how this is incorporated, what the files contains or looks like and where it is on the server.

I would be grateful for any advice
no_bogeys

Client Lookup Problem

Postby no_bogeys » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Chris,

Many Thanks for the prompt reply. I fixed the path on the javascript file and I saw the errors for the getClient.php files. However, I am not surprised to see/read the mySQL errors. I don't know what my usernme or pasword would be for them. I am going to look at my hosting providers FAQ section on MySQL, I'm nearly certain its available, presumably I can get that information from my hosting provider, right?

Thank you again,
Matt
no_bogeys

Client Lookup Problem

Postby no_bogeys » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Many thanks again,

I checked my provider's FAQ and they do have a panel for creating a MySQL database. So now, I've created a database with username and password, and have updated that information in my getClient.php file, but their is one thing that I think is still missing and that is "host".

For now, I just want to replicate exactly what the Demo does. Ultimately, I will have even fewer options than the demo script (but on a very large data set), so if I can get this working I ought to be able to scale it down for my purposes.

Again, many thanks for your help on this!
no_bogeys

Client Lookup Problem

Postby no_bogeys » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Nevermind, I got it working now!

Very cool, and couldn't have done it without your help!
Thank you!
no_bogeys

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts