[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Help with Quiz script - Drag and drop form input and css
Advertisement

Help with Quiz script - Drag and drop form input and css

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Help with Quiz script - Drag and drop form input and css

Postby rockinbeavers » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:14 pm

Im trying to use this to make a list to drag and drop players for my fantasy football draft. However there is such a large list of players that you need to scroll down to get to the players at the bottom of the list. I was wanting to see if there is a way to make the list on the left side a scrolling list and leave the area that you drag the players to a fixed position. I would use frames but i know you can use the css to make them work better, and since its already using a lot of css i dont want to mess with that. Ive already moved the list sizes to make them large enough to hold the amount of names needed. A short summary i need the header and what would be the main frame to be fixed and the navigation frame(left side) to be scrolling.

heres the drag and drop im using.

Also I see this has the ability to put this info in a form to submit it to another page so it can be saved, or printed. All i need is an easy way to make the lists we create printable. So the main frame on the right needs to be printable.

Thanks for any and all help..
Kyle
rockinbeavers

Postby rockinbeavers » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:28 am

rockinbeavers

Postby rockinbeavers » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:31 pm

rockinbeavers

Postby rockinbeavers » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:26 pm

rockinbeavers

Set hidden 'input' value on drop

Postby theredwino » Mon May 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Hello,

i think we're trying to do the same thing, however, mine might be a slightly different method.

i'm building a user interface for a database of my clients. To the left side of the window is a list of their names, which can be clicked on to display their 'profile' on the right.

When creating a new client, the form fields for name, address, etc. appear in place of a profile on the right. What i'm trying to do (and for which i'm using the 'drag drop quiz' model) is give myself the ability to include 'child' accounts beneath a new client--to be able to literally drag an existing client from the left-hand list and drop it in a box beneath the fields for the contact info. When i submit the form (which launches a PHP script inserting the form values into an SQL database), each of the 'child' clients dropped into the box should have their 'parent' field set to the id of the newly created client.

I've got the visual drag-and-drop functionality working splendidly, however, i can't seem to figure out how to make the event of dropping a client name onto the 'drop box' create an <input type="invisible"> field, its value being the id of the dropped client.

Any assistance with this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
theredwino

Postby theredwino » Tue May 18, 2010 1:48 am

oops...i meant <input type="hidden">
theredwino

Return to Drag and drop scripts