[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Ajax poller problems
Advertisement

Ajax poller problems

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Ajax poller problems

Postby Telemacus » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:49 pm

Hi,

I installed this fabulous script but I seem to be having several problems with it.
I've been reading some of the topics in this forum and it seemed to me that my server would only read "<?php..." rather than "<?...", so I literally changed all lines with "<?..." to "<?php". Unfortunately, that didn't work.
Then I proceeded to rename .html files to .php, but that didn't work either.

php is definitely installed at my server, as I have several .php scripts running.

Maybe someone can take a quick look, here are the links. By the way, I don't understand why it's giving me that mysql warning, as the database was created fine using the data which I entered on the databaseconnect.php file:

$conn = mysql_connect("host","username","password");
mysql_select_db("database",$conn);

The only line I didn't change was the "host", as I believe that can be left as it is.

Here are the links:

(I'm including the html file to confirm that my server can't read php files unless they are named whatever".php". )

Help anyone?

Cheers! ;)
Telemacus

Postby Batalf » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby Telemacus » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:51 am

Telemacus

Postby ramirovaz » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:40 pm

ramirovaz

Postby Telemacus » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:24 am

Unfortunately I haven't fixed it, nope. I've just parked it and I'm using "Advanced poll" instead but it doesn't use ajax.

I'm not sure if that line of code is gonna change the problem, it seems that it's not just one thing I'm having problems with. I looked around and couldn't find that line of text anyway. :-?
Telemacus

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts