[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Poller problem
Advertisement

Poller problem

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Poller problem

Postby burginbeth » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:57 pm

I am new to javascripting and php but would love to use the ajax poller. I have made the changes recommended in some of the posts and it is now displaying correctly but it doesn't appear to be registering any votes. If I look at the mysql database via my host my votes are logged but the poller is still displaying all 0%. I'm I being dim? Is there something I haven't done? Any help would be appreciated.

The page is here

Thanks
burginbeth

Postby burginbeth » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:50 pm

Thanks for that. You are correct the path on that line is wrong and so are the other 3 that find images...

var serverSideFile = 'ajax-poller-cast-vote-php.php';
var voteLeftImage = 'images/graph_left_1.gif';
var voteRightImage = 'images/graph_right_1.gif';
var voteCenterImage = 'images/graph_middle_1.gif';

but when I change them I now get a message...

Getting poll results.
Please wait...
burginbeth

Postby burginbeth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:43 am

I've tried...
var serverSideFile = '/poller/ajax-poller-cast-vote-php.php';

and get the same message...
Getting poll results.
Please wait...

If I revert back to my original path...
var serverSideFile = 'ajax-poller-cast-vote-php.php';

it displays the poll results but only 9 out of 47 that have been made.

I have viewed my database and notice that only 9 of the records are actually entered correctly and I don't know why. If I can figure out why 9 votes have been polled correctly and why 38 haven't. I've put a screen grab of my database here...

Why has 38 records had the [optionID] field filled in as 2147483647 instead of either 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 (excellent, very good, good, fair or poor). Is this my problem?
burginbeth

Postby burginbeth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:39 pm

I've sent Chris a pm of the code in ajax-poller-cast-vote-php.php but couldn't see any references to my db password.

I can see where Chris has entered several votes that have polled but a couple that have not. Chris, what do you mean by 'calling the url directly'?

Will comment out the line in ajax.js in a mo.

Thanks Chris
burginbeth

Postby burginbeth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:46 pm

burginbeth

Postby burginbeth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:50 pm

burginbeth

Postby burginbeth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:06 pm

burginbeth

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts