[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Help with Dropdown Content
Advertisement

Help with Dropdown Content

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Help with Dropdown Content

Postby gestes » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:20 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to use your dropdown content script, which is awesome btw, and am having a little problem with it not overlaying some images below in IE. I've modified the script a little to allow for multiple instances on the same page and everything is working () except it's not going over the images below. I tried adding a z-index to both the content and content box styles and that fixed it in the other browsers but not in IE.

I've seen similar problems before and saw to correct them, you created an IFRAME and I've tried to do that but can't get it to work. () Is that what I need to do? If so, can you take a look at the script and provide a little help?

Thanks,
Greg
gestes

Postby gestes » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:39 pm

I finally found a fix for this. I added a style="z-index:x" to each main div tag and decremented x for each row, so for row one, z-index:5, row two was z-index:4, and so on. It works great.

I've run into another problem though. I'm not sure if it is directly related to the script or not but hopefully someone might have an answer for me.

In netscape, the first time I click on a link to drop down the menu, it doesn't line up correctly as you can see in the picture below. If I click on the icon again to close it, then click it again to open it back up, everything works fine - second picture. It's really strange. Does any one have an idea of why this is acting this way? To see the form in action, go here -
Image Image

Thanks,
Greg
gestes

Postby Batalf » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:30 pm

Hello Greg,

I have studied your code for two hours now and still can't find the error.

I think it has something to do with the modifications that has been done to the js part, but I'm not sure. I copied your code and tried different things, but with no success.

I also stripped it for almost all HTML content just to see if there was something there, but that didn't change anything either.
Batalf
Site Admin

Postby gestes » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:39 pm

gestes

Postby gestes » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:19 pm

gestes

Return to Questions regarding other scripts at www.dhtmlgoodies.com