[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Adding function to Content Organiser script?
Advertisement

Adding function to Content Organiser script?

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Adding function to Content Organiser script?

Postby divtag32 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:59 pm

Hi there,

I've been using the (very useful) content organiser script

to make a web page - I'm also running a script that checks the text for certain keywords and displays an image if it finds them - This works fine for the first <div> on load - however after that, each time I click a contents item and the relevant bit loads, it'll obviously fail to update.

can anyone tell me how I can add my function to rerun also after each time the link is clicked and the new content has been added to the page?

Many thanks!
divtag32

Postby Batalf » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:17 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby divtag32 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:07 pm

divtag32

another thing

Postby divtag32 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:47 pm

divtag32

Postby Batalf » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:12 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby divtag32 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:06 am

Hi Batalf - well that is the entire code for the logo-show! Unfortunately it's on an intranet page and is using lots of includes, so it's difficult to just 'show the code'!

Ok imagine your content organiser with the following data:

Chapter 1
There are many good brands of footwear, but Nike have the best soles.

Chapter 2
Reebok have some very cool clothing ranges

Now the above script is designed to search whatever stuff is currently showing on the page and display the appropriate logo - so if the user is viewing the first chapter, I'd want a Nike logo to appear - and this works because the content is displayed and then the logo script is run.

However if the user clicks on chapter two the content reorganises thanks to your script and the second chapter text shows, however the Nike logo will remain - whereas if the script was rerun for this section it should show the Reebok logo.

Is that any clearer?

So I basically need to know what is required to rerun my checkText() script again so it'll parse the onscreen content?

Also I'm still having issues hyperlinking to certain chapters - is this possible at all?
divtag32

Postby divtag32 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:24 am

divtag32

Postby divtag32 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:28 am

hmm is there possibly something I could add in the checktext() brackets to specify where to check the text - I guess you must have some way of selecting which text to display in your code, so if I could use the same method to select the text to be searched?!

The trouble is I'm currently using an id to act as a list of keywords, thinking this'd work as the relevant id would be inserted into the <div> as required, but I don't really understand how your script works - brilliant as it is!

Surely if this section pulls the content from my various chapters:
<div id="toc_pane"><div id="toc_pane_inner">
<div><!-- Empty DIV - will be filled dynamically -->
</div></div></div>

Then it'd pull in my <p id="logoimages" display:hidden>Nike, Reebok</p> section at teh top of each <div> and then it should just display the matching keywords?!

Anyway, it'd be great if anyone can help me with this.
divtag32

Postby Batalf » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:15 am

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby divtag32 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:38 am

divtag32

Postby Batalf » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:49 am

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby divtag32 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:38 am

divtag32

Postby Batalf » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:13 am