[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Question with Drag and Drop columns
Advertisement

Question with Drag and Drop columns

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Question with Drag and Drop columns

Postby bmw » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:47 pm

I absolutely love the work you've done. Gorgeous!

I have a question. What would I use to prepopulate the right-side columns here. Assume I'm retrieving the data and I can populate the javascript or HTML on the fly with PHP.

I also need to eventually allow the backups to have two-digit integers that the user can associate with each of the five potential slots.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan
bmw

Postby Batalf » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:07 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Thank you!

Postby bmw » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:26 pm

Thanks! That seems simple enough for me to accomplish.

You misunderstood my the numbering though.

What this page represents is a baseball lineup card. For the five backup players, the user will have the option to submit a percentage that the backup should substitute for the starter.

So, essentially, it may look something like:
Backup
Player_1 10%
Player_2 5%
Player_3 0%
Player_4 0%
Player_5 1%

The percentage would be user-input that I am going to need to capture.[/b]
bmw

Postby Batalf » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:12 am

Batalf
Site Admin

Thanks!

Postby bmw » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:15 pm

bmw

moving content?

Postby flamechill » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi, my first time here and at dhtmlgoodies, firstly its a great web site with some high quality code, excellent... :-)

I am not sure this question is in the correct place, so I apologise for this in advance.

I am using your drag n drop clone script but I want to swap around the list of items and the main container, so that the main container (target drop) is on the left and the list of items on the right, hope this makes sense.

Problem is this when I try this a bug gets introduced in the first drop target, if I set all targets to 1, the first one (A team) will accept 2, weird...

I am sure I am doing something stupid, I am currently looking at using CSS to swap the list of items and the main container over, but I am sure their is an easier way.

If you have time, please let me know the answer...

Best regards,

FlameChill :-]
flamechill

Ok, CSS fixed this :-)

Postby flamechill » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:31 am

Hi, answered my own (rather boring) question and fixed the postioning of the UL / LI elements...

What is a more interesting question, is how to set a 'cookie' so that if you return to the page all the items are where they were.

Great code and thank you again :-)

flame :-]
flamechill

Answered own question (again!)

Postby flamechill » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:06 pm

Sorry, but I thought it might save you time, I have figured out how to do this, easy really just ref element via the DOM, create elements LI and set attribute so that you can re-grab hold of users changes.

Many thanks again for this great script, I am customising it a lot for my needs, if I make any really useful features changes which will help out anyone else I guess I post them back here...

Once again, great ideas excellent coding :-}

Flamechill
flamechill

Postby Batalf » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:34 pm

Hello Flamechill :D

Welcome to the forum.

I'm glad you found a solution.

Yes, please post useful features here. It will be greatly appreciated.
Batalf
Site Admin

Return to Drag and drop scripts