[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Associate a link for items with subitems
Advertisement

Associate a link for items with subitems

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Associate a link for items with subitems

Postby ochantrel » Fri May 05, 2006 3:43 pm

ochantrel

Postby bwahahax » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:47 am

bwahahax

same question

Postby Roselyne » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:02 pm

Roselyne

Postby Batalf » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:54 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby Roselyne » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:28 pm

Hello Batalf,

Thanks for your reply. Yes i've tried inserting a link in the <a> tag but i think this <a> tag is already set in the script to call the showHideNode function which poses me a problem.

I'm new to javascript and even when i tried to insert a link i did not do it the right way probably (the way you did). What is self.frames['myFrame'].location.href='canada.html' ? Do i just need an html (canada.html) or do i need more?

What i would really like to do is a way to display a floating window in the a tag.

<a href="#" onclick="customFunctionCreateWindow('externalfile.html');return false">Create new window dynamically(get data from external file)</a>

As a simple link it works fine but in the tree, all i keep calling is showHideNode. How do i modify the leaves of the tree to display a window?

Thanks,
Roselyne

Postby Batalf » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:36 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby Roselyne » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:36 pm

Batalf,

I think it does that because the items <li> tags outside of the <a> tag. That is how parseSubItems function goes throught the diferent items but the images and the tags both call showHideNodes. I would like to insert a link where it puts the "sheet" image and have that link open a new page or a new floating window.

Thanks,
Roselyne.
Roselyne

Postby Roselyne » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:39 pm

Thank You Batalf,

I think this will probably work, i will let you know, but thanks for your time :D

Roselyne.
Roselyne

Postby Roselyne » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:47 pm

Hello again Batalf,

It still does not work.

<li><a href="javascript:customFunctionCreateWindow('externalfile.html');return false">Create new window dynamically(get data from external file)</a> </li>

This is how it is in my page. And i know i can display windows through a simple link so the function is definetely there. There must be a conflict i don't get. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Roselyne
Roselyne

Postby Roselyne » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:00 pm

It's strange, using href='javascript:etc()' instead of href="javascript:etc()" works for the alert function but not for creating windows.

The following line works

<li><a href='javascript:alert("hello how are you today")'>Create new window dynamically(get data from external file)Blah blah</a></li>

but this one does not

<li><a href='javascript:customFunctionCreateWindow('externalfile.html');return false'>Create new window dynamically(get data from external file)</a></li>

with ' ' or " " it just will not display the window.

I'm trying to narrow things down but i still have not found my problem. Does it help you figuring things out any? :?
I'll keep at it, Thanks,
Roselyne.
Roselyne

Got it!

Postby Roselyne » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:14 pm

Batalf,

Sorry for the mulstiple messages! I am learning and working on this alone :)

I don't know why since i'm so new at this but it finally worked without the return false in the link. This line worked. I hope that it is correct and that it will not mess anything in the process but it is displaying a window when clicked and the rest of the tree works fine.

<li><a href="javascript:customFunctionCreateWindow('externalfile.html')">How</a></li>

Thanks so much for this great site! :D
Roselyne.
Roselyne

Example?

Postby petef » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:52 pm

Hi all,

I tried to follow the threads here without any luck. I'm trying to do something similar and I’m using this code in a frame environment. The tree is in the left frame and I was hoping to allow the user to click on an item on the tree and open a page on the right target frame.

I modified the MySQL database table to include a URL for each line item in my tree and my PHP code was modified as follows;

echo "<li class=\"".$inf["image"]."\"><a href=\"".$inf["url"]."\" target=\"".$inf["targetFrame"]."\">".$inf["categoryName"]."</a>";

This result only works on the last item in my tree (item without any sub-items).

Essentially I need the tree to expand as well as trigger the action to populate the target frame with the content of the URL.

Thanks in advance.

-Pete
petef

Postby Batalf » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:35 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

None of them working

Postby izzyd3434 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:18 pm

izzyd3434

Postby izzyd3434 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:10 pm

Although I'm still looking for a way to do this, I temporarily solved the problem by adding a link in the child notes named (View all "parent node") that is active. Seems to work fine. It is here if anybody wants to see my new eyecandy.
http://www.monomachines.com/knowledge.php
izzyd3434

Return to Folder tree questions