[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Create Windows From Button
Advertisement

Create Windows From Button

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Create Windows From Button

Postby calebthegeek » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:07 am

calebthegeek

Postby newbie » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:59 pm

Hi Caleb !

Here is what I made to create windows on the fly.
It works under IE and Firefox.

First, I added 2 DIVs in the main HTMl code:
* one with id "mainWindow" (where all new windows are displayed)
* one with id "ajaxHTML" having style="display:none"

I get the HTML code of the window using AJAX.

The AJAX answer is then processed that way :

var ajaxHTML=document.getElementById("ajaxHTML");
var mainWindow=document.getElementById("mainWindow");

ajaxHTML.innerHTML =responseText;
if (document.all) {
var currentDiv= ajaxHTML.childNodes[0];
} else {
var currentDiv= ajaxHTML.childNodes[1];
}
mainWindow.appendChild(currentDiv);

You can then call initWindows...

By the way, I created a delete function :

function deleteWindow()
{ switchElement(false,document.getElementById('dhtml_goodies_id' + this.id.replace(/[^\d]/g,'')));
activeWindow.parentNode.removeChild(activeWindow);
}

An "individual" init of the new created window would be better if you need to use cookies !

Herve

Postby Batalf » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:37 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Thanks so much

Postby calebthegeek » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:18 pm

calebthegeek

ATTENTION

Postby calebthegeek » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:25 pm

Just so you know I love the new function - I just tested it! One thing I noticed is the window is frozen in Firefox It works just fine in IE though.

Thanks,
Caleb[/b]
calebthegeek

Postby Batalf » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:01 am

Yes, I just saw it my self. There was an error with the script in Firefox. I have now fixed that problem.
Batalf
Site Admin

You Rock!!!

Postby calebthegeek » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:25 pm

calebthegeek

One more question

Postby calebthegeek » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:04 pm

calebthegeek

Postby Batalf » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:08 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby calebthegeek » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:20 pm

calebthegeek

Postby Batalf » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:24 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Ok

Postby calebthegeek » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:38 pm

calebthegeek

Need Help

Postby kingharrison » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:52 pm

How exactly do I write out the new generate window code? And is there a way to dynamically generate a new tab with a click on a link inside a window?
kingharrison

Please clarify

Postby calebthegeek » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:03 pm

I will do my best to help but can you please clarify what you are trying to do (an example would be great)?

Thanks!
caleb
calebthegeek

Postby kingharrison » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:13 pm

Thanks caleb. Ill give you the whole story. My company makes a software product on the iSeries servers. We have a green screen environment and I am trying to create an AJAX interface to it. I have written in php and have had success with access and updating, but I still dont like how the php pages have to be interacted with. What I am hoping to do is create a page with a main menu. You click a link on that page and window pops up displaying the php program with a list of items that you selected. Within that list you can select an individual item and it opens a new tab within that window with the selected php reference and opens a new php program. Ideally youd be able to select links and open more tabs infinitely (never happen, but lets just say you need to be able to go 7 deep). Our stuff on the iSeries side is very modularized and easy to implement in black boxes. if you PM me I can send pictures to represent what I am talking about. Thanks man.
kingharrison

Return to Window script questions