[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - [modal dialog] moves the first time it's displayed
Advertisement

[modal dialog] moves the first time it's displayed

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

[modal dialog] moves the first time it's displayed

Postby vfuchs » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi all,

First I'd like to thank all of the people who wrote these wonderful scripts and the docs that make it so easy to use : this is why I'm using dhtmlgoodies and not another framework.

I have a problem with modal dialog : when I load my page, I need to load a page from a url, but not to display it. So I call an onLoad method which initialize the modal dialog, makes a display(), then a close().
Then depending on which button I'm clicking, I need to do some changes on the part I've loaded (set some attribute on some DOM elements), and then display the modal dialog.

it work sgreat in Firefox, but in IE, I have a blank screen for about half a second, which is pretty disturbing. I think it's because of the first call to __resizeDivs() in the display method. When I remove this call, the first time I want to display the modal dialog, it is first displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the page then positionned correctly in the middle (in both IE and FF).

It seems IE is wayyyyyyy slower than FF to calculate the position, and that makes the blank screen appear.

Does anybody has a solution ? Maybe there are things that are useless in my case which could be skipped so that it's processed faster ?

Thanks in advance

--
Vincent
vfuchs

Postby Batalf » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:59 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby vfuchs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:56 pm

vfuchs

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts