[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - With to many tabs in a pane they get cropped / cut off
Advertisement

With to many tabs in a pane they get cropped / cut off

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

With to many tabs in a pane they get cropped / cut off

Postby FickD » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:01 am

FickD

Do you think you'll be able to fix this?

Postby FickD » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:44 am

Do you think you'll be able to find a way to allow many tabs to be open and still be able to get the them?
FickD

Postby Calcifer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:51 am

i think that it is not a simple problem, FickD

maybe dont open so many tabs :)

because if already there is a tab horizantal scroll, this is bad and not usefull...
Calcifer

Too many tabs

Postby FickD » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:56 am

Calcifer, I'm writing and application that will allow users to open new items ( in my case projects ) in a new tab, I won't have complete control over how many projects they decide they want to open and while I can limit the max number of opens I can't control the screen space so I'd have to choose a low number. Many of my users will be using several projects at once and will want to flip between tabs to view information on each. I know that the tabs themselves end up in a div with overflow set to hidden ( or crop I can't remember ) and I was wondering if simple buttons ( not scrollbars ) can be added to that div to scroll it ( fake scrolling by say 25 to 50 pixels a click. this would solve my problem and allow users to open as many tabs as they'd like.
FickD

Postby Batalf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:28 am

Hi

I need to figure out a smart and nice way of doing this.

As Calcifer mentioned, it's not easy, but it's defenitely doable.
Batalf
Site Admin

Postby hypercyber » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:15 am

hypercyber

Postby Calcifer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:56 am

Calcifer

Opening in the same tab is possible

Postby FickD » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:43 pm

FickD

Postby FickD » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:45 pm

FickD

Postby Batalf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:49 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Re: Opening in the same tab is possible

Postby hypercyber » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:42 pm

hypercyber

Postby Batalf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:21 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby Calcifer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:06 am

Calcifer

Postby Batalf » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:06 pm

Batalf
Site Admin

Postby Calcifer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:49 pm

good work Batal and runnnig but there is a image problem.

tab image could not be extented
Calcifer

Next

Return to General questions