[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - DHTML Menu for applications adds a lot of whitespace?
Advertisement

DHTML Menu for applications adds a lot of whitespace?

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

DHTML Menu for applications adds a lot of whitespace?

Postby bmw » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:56 am

Help regarding which script(EXACT NAME): DHTML Menu for applications

I am redesigning my site:

I love the new menu, but it has this odd problem, is there anyone else who has run into this?

I have an idea of what might be happening. It seems that as the browser is parsing the page, it places all my menu options somewhere off the page.

Then when I activate the menu tree, each subsequent time I view a level of options, you'll notice that the vertical scrollbar on the page gets shorter. As if those off-page items are being whisked into the Menu, and then stored elsewhere when finished.

The end result is that if I have a page that has data 1000 pixels high, the scrollbar is acting like I have ~1600 pixels (1000 pixels of data plus ~600 pixels of whitespace).

Thanks,
Bryan
bmw

Postby bmw » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:13 am

Figured it out myself!

Evidently, the JS will call parts of the CSS when you init() the Menu Bar. I had just forgotten to link to the CSS at the beginning of the page, and was letting the JS do the format.

Adding the links to the menu-bar and menu-item CSS seems to have fixed it.
bmw

Postby m.andersson » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Thanks, this solved it for me too.
I have tried to figure out the reason of the white space issue for an hour now, and finally it works :)
m.andersson

Return to Menu script questions