[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - What's your background Alf?
Advertisement

What's your background Alf?

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

What's your background Alf?

Postby Mr. Kickass » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:21 pm

Mr. Kickass

Postby Batalf » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:11 am

Hi again J

I started working with DHTML 6 years ago(2000). The Javascript book from O'Reilly is probably the reason why I got so interested in it. That book really inspired me back then. The DHTML book is however the book I refer to most these days.

To participate in a forum like the forum here or the new one we are about to launch tomorrow() is also extremely valuable in my opinion. You learn from others, and you learn from teaching others.

A basic understanding of CSS and HTML is also extremely important. If you are familiar with how the HTML tag works and how to style them by use of CSS, then you're on the right path. DHTML is really just a way of manipulating CSS rules. For example: In my drag and drop scripts I have set a HTML tag(<div>) to have position:absolute; Then I am just updating the elements x and y position on the screen according to the mouse cursor(i.e. "faking" a drag process).

The pages at

http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
http://maxdesign.com.au/
http://www.csszengarden.com

could be worth bookmarking.

Good luck with your DHTML. It's really fun to work with :D
Batalf
Site Admin

Postby mbz » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:23 am

Batalf,

You have some great dhtml expertice!! I am curious as to...

What company do you own or work for? Additionally, where abouts are you located??

Best Regards,
MIKE
mbz

Postby Batalf » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:31 am

Hello again Mike

I'm located in Stavanger, a city at the west coast of Norway. Currently I'm working as a software developer for a local company called Xait.
Batalf
Site Admin

Return to General questions/discussions