[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - iframe modal window form issue
Advertisement

iframe modal window form issue

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

iframe modal window form issue

Postby testing123 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:43 pm

When I started I thought an iframe was being used for the modal window code. I have a form on the parent named 'myfrom' in the modal window that pops up it has a form with the same name 'myform'. After digging through the code (I was getting js errors) I found that the content for the modal window was actually being pushed into a div using innerHTML. Thats fine except for the fact that it doesn't behave like a separate window. I switched the content div to be an iframe and got everything working. I did notice that for ie it makes an iframe but I don't understand what it is used for...anybody know? Also, why use a div? I guess it makes sense if you are not submitting anything, but if you are there are some possible issues (like conflicting forms, input names etc...). Don't get me wrong, the library is pretty cool...just curious about the reasoning behind some stuff.
testing123

Postby Batalf » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

First of all, the reason why there's an iframe there now is simply to fix a problem in IE when you have a div over a select box. By adding an iframe behind the div, you prevent the select box from showing.

I guess there are both advantages and disadvantages of using a div instead of an iframe. With div, you have the option of adding static text to the modal box, i.e. instead of loading a file from the server. With iframe, you also have to use "parent" all the time if you want to refer to the main document.

If you have a form inside a modal dialog box, I will recommend that you also have <form> tags in that file. That should prevent the problem of conflicting input names.

When I first created this script, I didn't think about using iframes. To me, divs where the obvious choice, but you may be right that I should have thought more about it :)
Batalf
Site Admin

Thanks!

Postby testing123 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:00 pm

testing123

Return to General questions