[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
www.dhtmlgoodies.com • View topic - Chained selects and dynamic content, remeber selected value.
Advertisement

Chained selects and dynamic content, remeber selected value.

Moderators: Calcifer, slothy

Chained selects and dynamic content, remeber selected value.

Postby safuk2233 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:06 pm

safuk2233

Postby safuk2233 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:20 pm

safuk2233

Postby safuk2233 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:12 pm

safuk2233

Postby safuk2233 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:44 pm

I do not have it on any url, I am using my own computer as webserver.

These are the post urls for each php:

http://localhost/osc1/catalog/getYears.php?years=42
http://localhost/osc1/catalog/getSubcat ... &year=2006
http://localhost/osc1/catalog/get.php?m ... tegory=VAN
http://localhost/osc1/catalog/product_i ... rrency=EUR

The responses are :
1. getYears.php

obj.options[obj.options.length] = new Option('Select Year','');

obj.options[obj.options.length] = new Option('2008', '42&year=2008');

obj.options[obj.options.length] = new Option('2007', '42&year=2007');

obj.options[obj.options.length] = new Option('2006', '42&year=2006');

2.getSubcategory.php

obj.options[obj.options.length] = new Option('Select Vehicle Type','');

obj.options[obj.options.length] = new Option('VAN', '42&year=2006&subcategory=VAN');

3.get.php

obj.options[obj.options.length] = new Option('Select Model','');

obj.options[obj.options.length] = new Option('Model 1', 'http://localhost/osc1/catalog/product_info

.php?products_id=77&language=en&currency=EUR');

obj.options[obj.options.length] = new Option('Model 2', 'http://localhost/osc1/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=77&language=en&currency=EUR');

Yes, I am getting the full URL, with the variables included but they are not posted to the loading page.
The url for Get.php is
link/get.php?manufacturers_id=1&year=2&category=3

But the URL to the page that will be loaded is diferent.
It is like this: product_info.php?products_id=77&currency=EUR&language=en(or fr or).

The POST variables from get are not the same on the page that is going to be loaded.

I read somewhere that this can be done by cookies, but I am not an expert so, that is out of my reach.

To explain what I am doing.
I am opening a page using lightwindow. and I want to make things easier for the visitor. Instead of closing the lightwindow and reopen it on the next product, I introduced the chained selects so that the visitor is able to load new content without leaving the page.

All works great, but it bugs me that every time you have to go through the hole chained selects.

After all, a website should be easy to navigate, otherwise the visitor will leave your website.[/code][/url]
safuk2233

Postby safuk2233 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:28 pm

Chris,

All fields are populated from database, none is manually defined. Can you include some code to see how it is done?
safuk2233

Return to General questions regarding AJAX scripts